Package of 30 tablets.
Formulation developed in partnership with the Department of Physical, Earth and Environmental Sciences of the University of Siena.
Memorens® is a food supplement based on plant extracts consisting of Equilmixin®, Bacopa, Eleutherococcus and Maritime Pine. Memorens®, thanks to its components, can have positive effects on MEMORY and COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS.
How to use
It is recommended to take one tablet daily in a single dose. Take with meals (breakfast, lunch or dinner) to increase the absorption of its components. Duration of therapy: use for at least 3 months.
Warnings: Do not exceed recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of children under three years of age. Supplements are not intended as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Memorens® contains Bacopa, Eleutherococcus, Maritime Pine and Equilmixin®, a standardised phytocomplex specially developed to enrich and enhance the composition of the product.
Origin – Bacopa monnieri is a plant that has been used for thousands of years in the Indian Ayurvedic tradition. Ayur – which means life – and veda – which means knowledge – is one of the most ancient medicines recognized today by the WHO.
Bacopa monnieri belongs to the Scrophulariaceae family, a creeping marsh plant. The area parts are used as a tonic to improve intelligence and memory. Research into the biological effects of this plant has also demonstrated its neuroprotective and cognitive function enhancing properties. (2)
Bioactive Principles – The main bioactive components of Bacopa monnieri are Bacosides A and B. These saponins are believed to be responsible for the pharmacological effects attributable to this species. (3) The Bacopa present in Memorens® has a titration of 20% in Bacosides.
Therapeutic properties – Bacopa extract improves memory and cognitive function. Due to its neuroprotective properties, it can have positive effects on cognitive decline. (4) It also promotes relaxation and mental well-being.
Mechanism of action – Pre-clinical and clinical studies have shown an effect on the cholinergic system through an inhibitory action of acetylcholinesterase (AChE), an enzyme involved in the degradation of acetylcholine. Therefore, an increase in the availability of this important neurotransmitter involved in memory processes is generated. (3,4) The neuroprotective and anti-apoptotic properties of Bacopa are due to a synergistic combination of the following mechanisms of action: antioxidant activity, blockade of calcium channels, pro-cholinergic effects, GABA-ergic modulation, reduction of beta-amyloid, suppression of neuronal oxidative stress, inhibition of acetylcholinesterase, modulation of brain stress hormones. (2)
Tolerability – Bacopa is well tolerated. Some clinical studies have reported only mild side effects such as stomach pain and nausea in a very small number of users. (4,5)
Origin – Eleutherococcus, also known as Siberian ginseng, is obtained from the dried underground parts (roots and rhizomes) of Eleutherococcus sentiosus Rupr. et Maxim (Fam. Araliacee). It is a thorny shrub that grows wild in the eastern regions of Russia, northeastern China and Japan. (6)
Bioactive principles – The main active components of Eleutherococcus are a group of compounds called eleutherosides (eleutherosides A-M), of which B and E are responsible for the pharmacological effect. In fact, it is thought that these two compounds are responsible for the adaptogenic properties of Eleutherococcus. (7)
The Eleutherococcus in Memorens® has a titration of 0.8% in eleutherosides B + E.
Therapeutic properties – Eleutherococcus is used as a tonic to invigorate and fortify the body in times of fatigue and weakness and when concentration and attention levels are lowered. It has adaptogenic properties, i.e. it increases the body’s resistance to external stimuli and stress and maintains the body’s natural defences.
Mechanism of action – The adaptogenic effect is related to the regulation of homeostasis through several mechanisms of action associated with the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and the control of key biochemical mediators in the stress response. (8)
Tolerability – Eleutherococcus is well tolerated. In general, only minor adverse events such as insomnia, irritability, tachycardia and headache have been reported, but at doses much higher than those used in clinical practice. (9)
Origin – French Maritime Pine is made from the bark of Pinus pinaster Aiton, subsp. atlantica des Villar, Fam. Pinaceae, a species of pine that grows along the Bay of Biscay. The bark is thick, brownish-red in color, with deep fissures obtained from monocultures that grow over a period of 30-50 years. (6)
Bioactive principles – Maritime Pine extract contains polyphenolic compounds consisting mainly of procyanidins (catechin, taxifolin and oligomers with 7 or more flavonoid units) that exert significant antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity against reactive oxygen and nitrogen species. Memorens®, contains a dry extract of Pinaster Pine titrated at 95% in OPC (proanthocyanidolic oligomers). (10)
Therapeutic properties – Maritime Pine extract exerts protective effects against oxidative stress, both by increasing the synthesis of antioxidant enzymes and by acting as a free radical scavenger.
Mechanism of action – Maritime Pine extract exerts its protective antioxidant activity by increasing the synthesis of enzymes such as catalase, superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase which degrade the products of oxidative stress. Maritime Pine also possesses anti-inflammatory activity by preventing the release of pro-inflammatory mediators regulated by oxidative stress such as the inducible enzyme NO synthetase, which produces high nitrogen monoxide (NO) and pro-inflammatory activity, and NF-kβ (nuclear factor kβ), an intracellular factor that is activated by several mediators of inflammation such as TNF-α, IL-1 α, IL-1β, IL-8, and IL-6. (10)
Tolerability – Maritime pine is well tolerated. Out of a total of 2000 patients, only 1.5% reported mild side effects such as intestinal discomfort, dizziness, headache. (6) Equilmixin® is a standardized phytocomplex containing Passiflora (Passiflora incarnata L., herba) and Artichoke (Cynara scolymus L., folium).
- A HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL SPECIAL HEALTH REPORT (2019) – Improving memory. Understanding age-related memory loss
- Sukumaran NP, et al. Neuropharmacological and cognitive effects of Ba-copa monnieri (L.) Wettst – A review on its mechanistic aspects. Complementary Therapies in Medicine (2019), 44, 68-82
- Shinomol GK, et al. Exploring the Role of “Brahmi” in Brain Function and Therapy. Recent Patents on Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Drug Discovery (2011), Vol. 5, No. 1
- Tatimah Peth-Nui, et al. Effects of 12-Week Bacopa monnieri Consumption on Attention, Cognitive Processing, Working Memory, and Functions of Both Cholinergic and Monoaminergic Systems in Healthy Elderly Volunteers. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, (2012) Volume 2012, 1-10
- Stough C, et al. Examining the nootropic effects of a special extract of Bacopa monnieri on human cognitive functioning: 90 day double-blind placebo-controlled
- Phytotherapy, rational use of plant drugs, Capasso, Grandolini, Izzo, Springer-Verlag Italy, (2006)
- Załuski D, et al. HPTLC-profiling of eleutherosides, mechanism of antioxidative action of eleutheroside E1, the PAMPA assay with LC/MS detection and the structure-activity relationship. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences (2018) 25, 520-528
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Evidence-based efficacy of adaptogens in fatigue and molecular mechanisms related to their stress-protective activity. Curr Clin Pharmacol. (2009); 4(3): 98-219
- EMA Assessment report on Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. et Maxim.) Maxim., radix. (2014) EMA/HMPC/680615/2013
- Iravani S, Zolfaghari B. Pharmaceutical and nutraceutical effects of Pinus pinaster bark extract. Res Pharm Sci.; (2011), 6 (1): 1-11
Technical Data Sheet
Out of stock